This post and the giveaway are sponsored by CanvasPop. Every opinion stated is mine.
My husband started a beautiful tradition years ago for Christmas. He found a present that I would cherish forever, but would have never bought for myself – and isn’t that by definition “the perfect present”? Each year we have at least one family photo session, depending on special events and out-of-town family visitors. My husband had a canvas print made from one of these photo sessions, and he has since then added to our collection several times. I love having our family memories hanging on the wall, in a format that is timeless and beautiful.
How DO you pick the perfect photo for a canvas print?
Here are the questions we ask when determining which photo should be memorialized on a piece of canvas:
- Are all your loved ones in the picture?
- Is everyone dressed in matching, or even identical outfits?
- Is there a smile on every face, and are eyes looking in the same direction?
- Did everyone have a fresh haircut, no more than two weeks prior to the photo session?
- Is the sun shining from a bright clear blue sky?
- Are unicorns frolicking in the background, surrounded by singing squirrels?
If you have said “yes” to more than one of the above questions, I will ask to see proof! I bet your family is a little like ours – and therefore it is merely utopian to wait for the perfect photograph to appear. We ALWAYS have at least one camera-shy little boy in our group, and by “camera-shy” I mean “screaming toddler.”
I know, from experience, that “the money shot”/ “the Kodak moment to end all Kodak moments” simply does not exist in our collection of family photographs, and that is perfectly fine. When I choose a photo to be printed on canvas, I want a picture that instantly takes me back to the day the picture was taken.
I want to be able to smell the salt air at the beach, feel the breeze coming off the ocean and hear the kids’ whining when they get sand in their eyes. Family photo sessions are normally stressful events, leading to annoyed parents and cranky kids – and our sessions are not the exception to the norm. But even those memories are the ones I want to recall. THOSE memories are part of our children’s childhood, our family history and the stories we will recount one day around a family holiday feast.
When you choose a picture for your own canvas photo wall, remember that the beauty of the picture lies within the memory of the moment.
I was recently contacted by CanvasPop and offered a free 16″ x 20″canvas print, in addition to one for a lucky reader. We are in the process of updating our family photo wall in the dining room, so the offer for new canvas was rather timely.
When considering vendors to create your family work of art, check out CanvasPop:
- Their prices are incredibly awesome.
- They have so many promotions and discounts that there is usually always one for you.
- The website is easy to navigate, which makes the ordering process a breeze.
- I worked one-on-one with a person to pick the right kind of wrap-around option for our canvas. (We went with the white edge, to preserve as much of the image as possible.)
- Their personalized service is something you RARELY find today.
- You approve the final version before it goes to print.
- They are fast to produce and ship their product.
- Our frame arrived safely without any damage.
- The finished product is a high quality print on thick canvas that has been wrapped around a wooden frame.
- You receive all the necessary hardware to complete the installation.
Now what are you waiting for? Check out CanvasPop for your next canvas photo print! Have fun picking out your favorite family photo! Remember to choose a picture full of life’s perfect imperfections, those are the memories you will want to remember!
Enter our giveaway for a 16″ x 20″ canvas photo print, valued at $80. The giveaway is live until December 15, 2015.