Co-sleeping, bed-sharing, bed-hogging, sleeping on the edge (of the bed), the more (kids) in the bed – the merrier. You can call it what you want, but it is what works for our family right now – we have two (count them: one, two) little boys in our bed every night. Jansen (3) is slowly (ever so slowly) transitioning into a toddler bed, and then there is Jonah (1) who has never slept a night in his beautiful color coordinated crib. It sounds like a lot of people crammed into a small space, and truthfully – it is, and I wouldn’t want it any other way! Except for one thing, but I will get back to that later.
Since we both work outside of the home, we have always had an “open bed” policy for our babies. Sleeping blissfully with the babies in our arms gives them (and us) a chance to make up for lost cuddle time, which otherwise would never have been found. I nurse throughout the night, and I am SURE he could go all night without feeding, but fact of the matter is that I don’t mind. Sleeping through the night has never been a milestone to reach in our household. Closeness, cuddles and nighttime feedings have been more important.
I always look forward to bed time. It is such a special bonding time for all of us, the stillness of the day, the silence throughout the house (except for my husband and Jansen’s snoring), and the warmth of little bodies snug and close up against us. It is such an idyllic scene! Everything is sweet and precious until… someone’s diaper leaks!
Waking up with sleepy babies cuddled close warms my heart, but rolling over onto a cold wet puddle on the sheets is a total buzz kill, yet a reality for us – and for most people who bed-share with their babies. Along with dodging feet in your face and avoiding round-house kicks to the stomach, the Niagara falls of diaper leakage brings any bed-sharing parent back to reality rather quickly. Nighttime dryness has always become a challenge for our kids once they start to sleep longer and start to roll onto their stomachs. Imagine my enthusiasm when I had the opportunity to try Huggies® Snug & Dry Ultra Diapers, which are found exclusively at Walmart.
Since we started using the new Huggies® Snug & Dry Ultra Diapers at night we have blissfully woken up cuddling and sharing the warmth of the blankets and our body heat. We haven’t had any leaks, even when he sleeps on his side or stomach.
- The diapers are compact and very thin. Perfect to stick in your purse instead of carrying a big diaper bag.
- The quilted liner traps the wetness away from the baby’s skin.
- Huggies’ Leak Lock System is incredibly absorbent and has kept our baby dry for at least 10 hours.
- The Snug & Dry Ultra Diapers have adorable Mickey Mouse designs.
- Wide adhesive tabs prevent the sides from drooping.
- The wings overlap around the side of the baby which helps the diaper to stay in place, even on a busy baby.
- Huggies® Snug & Dry Ultra Diapers are conveniently available at Walmart.com, so you don’t even have to leave the house!
- Huggies® Snug & Dry Ultra Diapers at Walmart.com
- Huggies® Snug & Dry Ultra Diapers are a great diapering solution when absorbency and fit is of the essence.
- These are a great disposable diapers, keeping your baby dry for nap and night time.