Creating beautiful and delicious things doesn’t have to cost a lot or take a long time to make. This LEGO candy was quick, easy and oh so delicious!
You should have seen Jordan’s eyes light up like a Christmas tree when I walked through the door with a big bag of Jolly Ranchers and announced that we were going to have some fun!
Our kids don’t eat a lot of candy, which is evidenced by the pile of Easter candy I throw out right before Halloween, – and then the Halloween candy that is tossed shortly before Easter.
We try to give them a “healthy” relationship with candy, although that sounds like an oxymoron. While candy isn’t off limits for them, it is something we enjoy in moderation.
All that said, is there anything better than a sweet sugary piece of candy-goodness when you are a child? (or an adult, for that matter!)
(This post contains affiliate links.)
Make your own stunning #LEGO #PartyFavors in a few minutes! #EasyCraft #FrugalCraft Click To Tweet
Jordan IS the one of our four boys with the biggest sweet tooth. The other three quickly followed suit – jumping up and down – their excitement for the candy craft was rather contagious.
Making these LEGO minifigure and brick-shaped candies took less than half an hour and the kids LOVED being the taste-test guinea pigs.
Items needed to make these delicious LEGO candy treats:
- LEGO silicone molds
- Hard candy: Jolly Ranchers, mints
- Cookie sheet
- Rolling pin
- Large ziplock bag
- Oven (Chances are, you already own one of these.)
Step-by-step Instructions on How to Make Sweet LEGO Candy:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Silicone molds. Depending on when you used them last, wash them thoroughly and allow them to dry completely before starting this project.
- Unwrap all the hard candy you plan on using, place them in a large zip-lock bag.
- Smack the candies (in the bag) with the rolling pin, or if you don’t have as much pent-up aggression as me, just crush the candy somehow. (This step should probably NOT be left for the kids to do!)
- Fill the silicone molds. The kids LOVE this step, filling the silicone molds with all the tiny crumbled pieces of hard candy.
- Place the silicone molds on the cookie sheet and put it in the oven for 10-15 minutes. (Melting time depends on the size of the candy pieces, so watch the molds closely.)
- Keep the oven light on so the kids can watch – and you can easier keep a close eye on the melting process.
- The candies are done at the exact moment you think “this is taking forever, I wonder what I did wrong?!”
- Once the candies have melted, take them out of the oven.
- Let the candy cool completely before removing them from the molds.
- Wrap the candy individually or keep in an airtight container.
- Voila! Enjoy LEGO-shaped candy-goodness!
These make adorable party favors for LEGO-themed parties or class parties… Or – you can make them to treat your kids to a fun surprise craft and “dessert!”
LEGO Party Decorations:
LEGO Party Games:
LEGO Party Favors: