It is a quiet Saturday evening in our house. All the kids (even my husband) fell asleep early. I am not quite used to this tranquility and peacefulness, but I am rather enjoying it – for now. As I am sitting here, laptop in my lap, a sleeping toddler to my left and a sleeping husband to my left, I am reminded of what is on the agenda within the next three weeks. I am having some sporadic Braxton Hicks contractions, nothing productive, just enough for me not to forget that Jonah’s arrival is happening some time within the next 23 days!
Personally, I don’t anticipate that he will go along with the birth date I picked for him on January 20th. I think he may have a mind of his own and choose his own birth date – some time between my birthday on the 10th (see how I casually squeezed that nugget of information in there) and the 20th. But we shall see… I am not stressing either way. Logistically we will make it work and I just feel blessed that I am already at 36 weeks without any complications.
But to make the next few weeks a little more interesting as we wait for Jonah’s arrival, I have decided to host a small contest!
- The prize is a $25 Amazon gift card – and who could not use one of those?!
- Entry to the contest is painfully simple: Comment on this blog post (below my signature on this webpage) with your guess of how big Jonah will be at birth – weight and length! Simple and easy!
- Entries can be made in metric measurements to accommodate our non-US friends.
- FEEL FREE TO ENTER SEVERAL GUESSES over the next few weeks, as I post more about how I feel and how things are progressing! Follow Mama in the Now closely!
- You are NOT limited to just one guess!
I am not going to announce my estimates as to how big I think he will be. But, there are small hints in some of my previous blog posts about his growth so far, and how big our previous boys were at birth. Of course, keep in mind that he may not be “full size” if he comes a few days/ weeks early.
Now to the rules (also pretty basic):
- Contest ends January 20th, 2014 at 7:00am, or when Jonah is born, which ever comes first. (Winner will be announced shortly after my recovery).
- Size estimates MUST be left on the blog to be considered valid. Entries left on Facebook comments or submitted via email or Twitter will not qualify. Let me know if you have any questions with regard to commenting on our blog.
- Please make sure to leave your email address when you enter your size estimate, so I can contact you in case you win! Your email address is never sold and cannot be viewed publicly on the blog.
- In case of a tie, where both the weight and the length were correctly guessed by two individuals, the winner will be the person who first entered the contest.
GOOD LUCK in the contest! I look forward to seeing all your guesses!