I was recently provided two pocket diapers to review from Diaper Safari, As a cloth diapering mama, I am always excited to try new diapers – especially when the print is super cute! Thankfully we live in Florida, so cloth diapering babies can flaunt their fluff year round without getting cold! If you cloth diaper, you should really consider moving to this tropical paradise, for that reason alone!
Diaper Safari’s pocket diapers were recently revamped and their prints updated. I was thrilled when the Blue Hippo print and the Gray Lion diaper arrived in the mail. Both of them included a trifold bamboo insert. I have been so busy with life that I my review has taken me longer than usual to write – which is almost a blessing, because I had a chance to really try these diapers a lot before I put pen to paper.
- Adorable new classic prints, exclusive to Diaper Safari.
- Diapers are sold without an insert, at the time of purchase you can choose between one-size microfiber, hemp insert or a bamboo trifold.
- Fits babies from 10 lbs to 35+ lbs
- Generously sized pocket opening in the front and the back. Allowing for easy stuffing and eliminating the need for you to unstuff the soiled diaper.
- Diaper Safari AI2 pocket diapers are thoroughly cleaned in a regular cloth diaper wash regiment and they dry quickly.
- The outer layer is waterproof, so no additional diaper cover is needed.
- Leg gussets contain solid messes, without leaving red pressure marks.
- The inside suede cloth wicks away any moisture from the baby’s skin.
- Three rows of rise snaps and adjustable waist and wing snaps allow for fit tailored to your baby.
- The prints and colors are contemporary and trendy. Love them.
- Lately I have been trying to get away from pocket diapers because of the hassle of stuffing and unstuffing, but the large opening in the front and back of these diapers make the stuffing a breeze and unstuffing a thing of the past.
- These diapers are part of our daily rotation, and I am excited to say that Jonah has yet to leak or have any other diaper-fails in his Diaper Safaris.
- The bamboo trifold is a rather bulky insert and it’s a (small) extra step having to fold the insert before stuffing the diaper.
- The waist snaps are spaced a little differently than on other diapers and they don’t line up perfectly. However, it does not affect the fit of the diaper, but it can leave the waistband stretched or with extra material between the snaps.
These diapers are economical and adorable with their simple prints and bright colors. The fit worked out in the end, although the snaps were not perfectly lined up. We did not have any leaks or other diaper-related issues. I am glad to have them in my stash and I will certainly continue to use them in our daily rotation.
Check out Diaper Safari for more information: