Have you found your “happy place”? The location you go with your family to make memories and have fun? Head to LEGOLAND Water Park and use these 10 tips!
(Thank you LEGOLAND Florida Resort for having us visit for the day. LEGOLAND Florida Resort provided us the tickets, but the opinions are 100% mine.)
I lean back in my beach chair and take in the scenery. Jonah, our toddler is peacefully sleeping on a chaise lounge, wrapped in our complimentary LEGOLAND Florida Resort Water Park towels.
The shade from the cabana is exactly what he needed to slow down and doze off. He is recharging for round two of our fun adventures.
In front of me, in the big pool, is a sea of parents with faded tattoos and stretch marks – these are “my people.” I blend in with the masses. Everyone here is wearing beach attire and big warm smiles, even if they are tired and hot.
This is where memories are made. This is my happy place.
The adults are too occupied playing with their kids to feel self-conscious or worry what others around them may be thinking. These wonderful everyday moms and dads have congregated here from all around the country.
Our family feels right at home here – and you will too.
We spent a late-summer’s weekend at LEGOLAND Florida Resort and the Water Park. It was tiring and invigorating – all at the same time. Our family left there worn out and exhausted, but with big smiles on our faces, hearts full of memories (and bags full of LEGO!)
I put together a list of things I am glad I knew – or wish I had known, just to make your visit to LEGOLAND Florida Resort Water Park the best that it can be!
LEGOLAND Florida Resort Water Park is an easy one-day trip from where we live, so I kept the packing at a minimum. However, there are a few essential things you need to know to make life a bit easier for everyone in your party.
LEGOLAND Water Park Tips and Hacks:
- Flip-flops or inexpensive water shoes.
- The ground gets VERY hot. Since you are in and out of the pools and rides it is tempting to walk around barefoot.
- Wearing shoes when you walk between the attractions and pools will save your soles (cute pun, right?)
- We rented a cabana and were informed that tips should be given in cash.
- The cabanas have safes and there are lockers, so you can safely store your valuables.
- Rent a cabana.
- I can’t recommend this enough. Imagine having your own shaded tent with two chaise lounges and chairs. Your own refrigerator filled with 10 ice cold bottles of water. You also get an adorable bag and two awesome LEGOLAND Florida Resort Water Park towels to keep.
- Each cabana has a personal attendant who checks in with you periodically to take your food or beverage orders.
- There are cabanas throughout the park and at different price levels. I highly recommend looking into this feature, especially if you have kids who get over-stimulated or need to nap.
- Arrive early!
- We practically had the water park to ourselves until lunch time.
- After a delicious meal served in the cabana, the kids took another tour around the lazy river and then they were all ready for a change of scenery.
- We then visited the LEGOLAND park, checked out their Star Wars display and enjoyed a few rides as we headed towards the big gift shop on our way home.
- Check out these pictures… YES, we walked out of there with two big Pokemon plush animals. The kids LOVED them… isn’t that all that matters?!
- Pack dry clothes/ outfits for everyone in individual gallon-sized ziplock bags.
- The bags will then be filled with the wet swim suits for the trip home.
- Having the cabana made outfit changes a breeze. It can otherwise be hard for a mother with boys to supervise and assist their outfit changes if the family restroom is busy. The cabana was such a life saver.
- Underwater camera
- – because… PICTURES.
- We love our underwater camera. It wasn’t a huge investment, but SUCH a fun thing to bring on family vacations.
- Goggles for the kids.
- Our kids LOVE using goggles and they came in handy in the wave pool and on the slides.
- Waterproof sun screen– and LOTS OF IT!
- Remember to reapply EVERY HOUR – or else you will needs LOTS of aloe – trust me! I may be speaking from first hand experience. I learned the hard way that we didn’t reapply often enough.
- Even though the sun screen is water proof, it doesn’t take into account when the kids wipe their faces off in the towels. Oops – I won’t let that happen again!
- Small snacks.
- The cabana comes stocked will 10 bottles of cold and refreshing water.
- The cabana waiters have a full menu of foods and treats they can bring.
- However, it’s a great way to save a little money by bringing your own in-between-meal snacks.
- Bring your biggest smile and most relaxed attitude.
- LEGOLAND Florida Resort and Water Park is truly a fun place for the whole family.
- Dress in your swim suit and forget about being self-conscious. Rock your wet hair and smeared make up – no one is watching or keeping score.
- Everyone is just there to have fun with their family – this is your chance to do the same.
Check out the calendar with the park hours to LEGOLAND Florida Resort – so you can start planning your next adventure!
Don’t forget to check out our other insanely popular posts about LEGOLAND Florida Resort. There is information about everything and anything related to visiting LEGOLAND Florida Resort – and hotel!