My friend Hannah Fisher is guest blogging today. She is the go-to person about skin care for busy moms. Not only is she running her own skin care business, she is also a busy mom with three boys – one of them an infant. She is always radiant and glowing. She clearly knows what it takes to put your best face forward – even when sleep is a rare commodity.
As busy moms, it is hard to take the time to take care of ourselves. But as important as it is to eat right and to exercise it is just as important to take care of your skin! Here are some helpful tips to keep your skin glowing, healthy and radiant this holiday season.
- Sunscreen: no matter where you live it is important to protect your skin against the harmful UV rays that follow you where ever you go. UV rays are there whether you just walk in and out of your house or are driving in the car. There is no such thing as a “healthy tan.”
- Exfoliation: it is imperative to exfoliate your skin to remove the dry, dead skin cells. Moisturizing your skin will then hydrate the good cells instead of merely moving around the deal cells and dirt. (Gross)
- Moisturize: keep your skin well hydrated regardless of which skin type you have. Using the correct moisturizer for your specific needs (normal, dry or oily) a key step in keeping your skin healthy and preventing the signs of aging.
- Eye Cream: this is a must! The area of skin around your eye is some of the thinnest areas on your body. As moms we are tired and many of us are trying to combat those dark circles after long sleepless nights. A great eye cream will not only illuminate your eye area but also hydrate and reduce dark circles and puffiness. It’s like sleep in a bottle.
- Get blemishes under control! Especially mothers with young infants may feel the effects of the surging hormones on their skin. You must get the blemishes under control before treating other skin care concerns.
- Take off your makeup! No matter how tired you are be sure to remove your makeup each night! Make up that is not removed clogs pores leading to breakouts and increases the rate we age. If you are too tired to do your whole skin care routine at least grab a facial cloth and do a quick clean up!
- Don’t forget your lips! People don’t realize when taking care of their skin that your lips are just as important. As we age, we lose the color, plumpness and definition in our lips. Make sure to exfoliate your lips especially during the winter months and use a lip balm with SPF during the day to protect against the suns harmful rays.
- Take Care of your hands! Have you ever heard the old adage “if you want to know someones age look at their hands not their face?” We forget to protect our hands, which leads to excessive sun exposure and dry chapped hands from too much hand washing and cold weather. It is just as important to moisturize and use sunscreen on your hands as it is your face! Oh and don’t forget added SPF when going for a gel manicure!
Answer these quick questions to find out what might be the best regimen for your skin!
For questions on what kind of skin regimen would be best for you, contact Hannah Fisher Premier Level V Executive Consultant with Rodan + Fields Dermatologists to take you through a free 5 min skin care consultation.
I look forward to hearing from you with any comments you may have. I will gladly answer questions regarding the right skin care routine to fit your busy schedule!
While everyday skin conditions can be complex, the solutions don’t have to be. That’s why our products are based on a philosophy of Multi-Med Therapy—using the right ingredients and active cosmetics, in the right formulations, in the right order. As practicing dermatologists, Dr. Rodan and Dr. Fields know that treating the underlying cause of a problem works and yields long-term benefits.
To see real changes in your skin, you must use real ingredients. Our product development strategy is to combine OTC (over-the-counter) ingredients and active cosmetic ingredients to create safe and effective formulations. We take safety and efficacy very seriously, and we know that it takes the right concentration of an OTC drug or active cosmetic to achieve the desired result without adverse effects. This understanding and expertise comes from Dr. Rodan and Dr. Fields’ years of experience in treating their patients, and they are the inspiration for the products we create.
Results – Guaranteed
Because we know real results come over time with regular use, our Multi-Med Therapy regimens come packaged in 60 day quantities. We’re so confident that you’ll experience results with your first regimen that all of our products come with a 60-day Satisfaction Guarantee.