Potty Training 101: Everything you need to know to potty train your kids
This is our Potty Training 101 resource page! Here you’ll find everything you need to know about potty training your kids. As a mom of four, I have been through four rounds of toilet training. I know the hardships of temper tantrums about using the toilet all the way to the struggles of bedwetting. Potty training your children isn’t easy, so by sharing my experience with you, I hope to make this difficult time in your life a little bit easier. This is why I wanted to share with you my best tips and advice!
Every child is different when it comes to learning to go to the bathroom without the comfort of a diaper, but that doesn’t mean it has to be hard! Throughout the years, I’ve learned new tips and tricks to get past a toddler’s fear and potty hesitation and other issues you may come across when trying to potty train your toddler.
How to Get Started with Potty Training
If you have never had to potty train a child, then you may be feeling like you are a bit in over your head. To help make this entire experience WAY easier, I have put together all of my best posts to help you get through this process together!
Tips for Parents with Toddlers
No matter how many kids you have potty trained in the past, remember each one will likely be different. These tips will help you get ready to potty train your toddler and help you during the difficult times when they refuse to use the toilet. Before you get started, rest assured that your child WILL eventually learn how to use the bathroom – even if it takes a few trials and errors.
Your child may learn a little later than your mother-in-law’s neighbor’s daughter’s niece, but just remind all the well-meaning people that every child is on their own unique toilet training journey through life!
- Are you unsure if your toddler is ready to be potty trained? Here are some signs that may help you determine if your toddler is ready.
- When potty training becomes hard, here is some encouragement for moms potty training their toddlers.
- There are some secrets to help make potty training easier! Here are some of my best secrets for potty training your kids.
- Before you start potty training your kids, make sure you stock up on these ten things.
My Child is Potty Trained, Now What?
You may be thinking that the hard part is over, but there’s still some work to do! Despite your efforts potty training your child, you may run into a few slip-ups along the way such as bedwetting. Then, there is the whole other dilemma about what you’re supposed to do with all those cloth diapers! From what to do with your cloth diapers to how to stop bedwetting, here are some tips for getting through the final stage of toilet training!
- Parents often ask me about how we handle bedwetting, especially considering we have four boys. These clever solutions to stop bedwetting have worked great for us.
- However, one important thing to note is that staying dry at night and during the day OFTEN do NOT happen simultaneously. Bedwetting is a completely different skill and physical maturity than staying dry during the day, so please keep this in mind!
- If you use cloth diapers, these tips on how to extend the life of your cloth diapers will come in handy!
- Once your family is completely out of diapers, check out how to get the most money when you sell your cloth diapers!
How to Keep a Clean Bathroom Once Your Child is Using the Toilet
When you are in the middle of potty training, it seems like keeping your kid dry and clean is the biggest challenge in life. But guess what, the hard part is actually keeping your bathroom clean and not looking (and smelling) like a public urinal! Yeah, I know, it’s gross, but don’t worry, I have lots of tips and tricks for you!
- For starters, you NEED these tips on how to clean a smelly toilet when you have boys. (Don’t worry, these tips also apply when you have girls!)
- This is a great cleaning hack for WHILE you are in the throws of training your child.
- One of the best things you can do as a mother is to teach your kids to clean the bathroom and these bathroom cleaning tricks are kid approved!
- Our kids LOVE our LEGO bathroom, which is a huge win because they really want to keep it looking as LEGO-like as possible!
Potty Training Blog Posts
From potty training readiness to keeping your bathroom smelling clean, you can find all things related to potty training right here!