This post is sponsored by Clorox®. I received products and compensation in return for my honest opinion. Every opinion stated is 100% mine.
14 Bathroom Cleaning tricks every boy needs to know
Do you ever wonder how your beautiful little cherub-like children can leave SUCH a mess and stench in a bathroom?
I used to struggle with this, being the mother of FOUR boys. How is it humanly possible for the kids to enter a clean bathroom, be in there for less than two minutes and leave it looking like a tornado hit?!… and let’s not even talk about the smell!
Regardless of the answer, it was imperative for me to find a solution to this issue when we recently listed our home for sale. Having the house show-ready at a moment’s notice caused me a lot of stress, primarily because of our four boys – and the fact that we have four bathrooms in the house!
As it turns out, keeping your house show-ready, even with four boys isn’t impossible. However, we had to teach our kids these super important bathroom cleaning tricks. I am thrilled that we did, because I KNOW their future roommates and wives WILL thank us!
Moms of boys: teach your sons these #BathroomCleaning tricks, their future wives will thank you! @Clorox Scentiva is here to make you look (and smell) good! #MatchMadeInParadise #Ad Click To Tweet
Spend a few minutes and teach your boys these bathroom cleaning tips today!
Bathroom cleaning tricks every boy needs to know:
It may seem like over-kill to break these bathroom cleaning tricks down step-by-step, but trust me, it’s necessary. For some reason, boys seem to leave common sense at the door when they go to the bathroom! (I am a mother of four of them… I know!)
- Lift the seat if you stand up.
- Wipe the toilet rim/ seat with toilet paper when you are done.
- Put the seat down and close the lid before you flush.
- Keep the shower curtain INSIDE the bathtub when showering.
- Place a towel along the bathtub/ shower to soak up any water.
- Throw away empty shampoo bottles.
- Hang wet towels on the towel racks.
Sink and Bathroom Counter:
- Keep a basket in the bathroom cabinet with toiletries and products used daily.
- Pull out the basket when using the products and put it back in the cabinet when you are done!
- Put the lid back on the toothpaste.
- Wipe down bathroom counter after washing hands.
- Rinse the sink an extra time when you are done brushing your teeth.
- Put ALL dirty clothes INSIDE the laundry hamper – NEXT to it doesn’t count!
- Do NOT put wet clothes or wet towels in the hamper.
- Do NOT put CLEAN clothes in the hamper, hang them in your closet.
We went over these bathroom cleaning tricks with the kids a few times. Who am I kidding?! We actually repeated them over and over until they were so sick of listening to us that they just complied!
After a few days of the kids keeping their bathroom “neat” and not covered in an unspeakable mess, we had our first house showing. The entire process of getting the house show-ready was so easy that I even had time to shower AND shave my legs before leaving the house!
My “secret weapon” in getting the four bathrooms ready for public scrutiny was the new line of Clorox® Scentiva™ cleaning products. These powerful products combined with the bathroom cleanliness of our four boys made my final “touch up” of the bathrooms a breeze, one might even call it at “tropical breeze.”
Five minute bathroom cleaning tips for busy moms:
- Spray Clorox® Scentiva™ Toilet Cleaning Gel around the inside rim of the toilet bowl rim.
- While the gel is slowly running down and working its magic, spray Clorox® Scentiva™ Multi-Surface Cleaner on the outside of the toilet, seat and behind the seat.
- Use an old tooth brush to get in the crevices behind the toilet seat and on the back of the toilet – just remember to throw it out afterwards, so it doesn’t end up in someone’s toothbrush rotation!
- Wipe the toilet seat, lid and around the outside of the bowl with an wet rag or sponge.
- Attach a fresh disposable scrubber on the Clorox® Scentiva™ wand and scrub the inside of the toilet bowl and under rim with the wand. The compact and sanitary wand is a great replacement of your old toilet brush.
- At this point, your bathroom is starting to smell like a tropical paradise, which is a scent you don’t normally associate with a bathroom, especially not one frequented by a group of little boys (with poor aim!)
- This is my favorite bathroom area to clean, it makes my slightly-OCD heart happy when the water stains just melt away like dew in the morning sun.
- Spray the inside and outside of your shower, the bath tub and fixtures with the Clorox® Scentiva™ Foam Cleaner. While it’s doing what it does best, spray the foam cleaner inside the bathroom sinks too.
- Using a wet rag or sponge, wipe down the shower walls, bath tub and fixtures revealing a beautiful soap-scum-and-water-stain-free shine. It’s truly like magic and again – the smell of a fresh pacific breeze makes you forget that you are cleaning a bathroom!
Sink and Bathroom Counter:
- Since you have all the toiletries and bathroom products stored under the bathroom sink in a basket, the bathroom counter is not cluttered and ready to be wiped down.
- Spray the Clorox® Scentiva™ Multi-Surface Cleaner on the counter.
- With a wet rag or sponge, wipe down the counter, sink and fixtures leaving a beautiful bathroom focal point.
- Hang fresh hand towels and bath towels on the towel racks.
- Fluff the bath mat.
- Spray Clorox® Scentiva™ Multi-Surface Cleaner on a rag and wipe down the bathroom floor.
This past flu/ cold season was brutal on families across the world. Germs spread like wild-fire and once one of the pesky viruses entered a home, it was almost impossible to avoid spreading the illnesses to all the family members. However, the only one in our family who caught the flu was me. Once I was diagnosed, my husband immediately cleaned all of our bathrooms using Clorox® Scentiva™ Multi-Surface Cleaner and by the grace of God and Clorox, we managed to keep our four boys from also catching the flu! Not only do the Clorox® Scentiva™ products save you time… they also protect you from the spread of nasty viruses, germs and pesky things like pinworms!
At this point in your bathroom cleaning regiment, take a step back and admire your work! Your bathroom has now been transformed into a germ-free tropical sanctuary, ready for the public’s scrutiny!
While you are at it, pat yourself on the shoulder, for teaching your son bathroom cleaning skills he needs throughout his life – at least if he wants to be lucky in love! (Nothing says “love” like a man who uses the laundry hamper and puts the toilet seat down!)