Like so many families across the world, we live in a house divided. Our family is split down the middle. When someone brings up a topic of conversation relating to our “big divide”, voices are raised and blood pressures rise.
This has been a bone of contention for several years and the hard feelings are only getting harder. My husband and I shake our heads when the kids get into their arguments, yet we remain in opposite camps.
While a lot of families argue over sports teams, pork bacon vs. turkey bacon (is that even an argument?) and of course politics, our family’s disagreement runs much deeper than that! We cannot seem to agree on whether DC Comics are better than Marvel.
I know, I know, how can that even be a topic of discussion?! Clearly DC Comics with Batman and Superman is the winner, hands down – all the time. However, our two oldest venomously disagree.
Since I am mom, the great leader of “Team Batman”, I am sharing these bat-tastic Batman Oreos – just in time for the premier of the LEGO® Batman Movie!
[bctt tweet=”#LEGOBatman snacks and decorations for the win! #Oreos like you have never seen them before. ” username=”MamaintheNow”]
LEGO® Batman Oreos
Yield: a dozen
INGREDIENTS Needed to Make LEGO® Batman Oreos:
12 regular [easyazon_link identifier=”B0062Q5V32″ locale=”US” tag=”maminthenow0e-20″]Oreo cookies[/easyazon_link]
12 oz bag Wilton yellow candy melts
12 count Batman gummy treat decorations
1 [easyazon_link identifier=”B0000A1ODP” locale=”US” tag=”maminthenow0e-20″]Wilton white icing tube[/easyazon_link]
Optional – 1 Wilton black icing tube
How to Make LEGO® Batman Oreos:
1. Line a baking sheet with wax or [easyazon_link identifier=”B00K282KY4″ locale=”US” tag=”maminthenow0e-20″]parchment paper[/easyazon_link]. Set aside.
2. Add the yellow candy melts to a double boiler pan over medium heat. Stir occasionally until melted and smooth (about 3-4 minutes). Transfer to a small bowl for easier handling.
3. Fill each cookie mold with 2 tablespoons of the melted yellow candy melts. Place an Oreo cookie on top and then fill up the rest of the mold with additional melted yellow candy.
4. Chill for 30 minutes to allow the yellow chocolate to harden.
5. Gently pop each cookie out of the mold and place on the lined baking sheet.
6. Peel apart the black Batman logo from each gummy candy and place on top of the coated Oreo cookies with a dab of white icing on the back. If you
do not want to use the gummy logos, you can just pipe the batman logo on each cookie with a black icing tube.
*Store in a single layer, in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
There you have it. If these delicious Batman oreos don’t convert our resident Marvel fans – then I am afraid nothing will! (Oh well, there will be more oreos for me to eat!)
Don’t miss these other awesome LEGO®-themed crafts and DIY party decorations!