The three big kids rush out of the car, run up the sidewalk and charge towards the door – all at the same time. Jansen is carrying the keys, as always, so his speed sets the pace of the two older brothers. No one can enter the mail room until Jansen gets there.
The three kids almost trip over each other, in a mad dash to see what excitement awaits them in our mailbox.
It has become a daily ritual, one which the kids look forward to on our drive home from school. Getting the mail, it seems like a simple task, but really – the possibilities of getting something awesome in the mail are there – every single day. Especially when your mom has an Amazon Prime “problem”.
I wait in the car, as usual. This is their excitement and their daily chore. Jansen reappears from around the corner, he’ has a box in his arms – Amazon Prime – of course.
(Thank you to Woodpeckers® for sponsoring this post in return for my honest opinion and review of these products.)
The kids’ enthusiasm and excitement is contagious. Although I was the one to place the order just two short days prior, I get caught up in their suspense over the possible content of THE box.
When we get home, the kids plop themselves on the floor right inside the door to the garage. With scissors in-hand, they anxiously wait for me to reveal what exciting things I have ordered – this time.
[bctt tweet=”#DIY an adorable #Garland full of your child’s wishes! #Christmas #ValentinesDay @WoodpeckerCraft” username=”MamaintheNow”]
I am really surprised at their reaction… normally when I order something “for me”, they turn their noses up at the content and then rush off to go do their own things. But this time, seeing the delivery we received from Woodpeckers® they went along with my creative idea for this month’s post.
A Christmas Garland of Wishes – and of course they were excited! Having the chance to talk about, write down and display your Christmas wishes is almost as much fun as tearing into your presents on Christmas morning.
We quickly get started, because there is seriously no time to wait when it comes to writing down your Christmas wishes.
I ask the kids to come up with their top wishes for the Holidays and the New Year. What things or concepts would bring our whole family happiness and good times in the weeks and months ahead.
I love every one of their suggestions – I challenge you to involve your kids in this craft project.
This garland isn’t just for Christmas, but perfect as a New Year’s Eve, birthday or Valentine’s Day project. Picture these hearts decorating the gift table at a 1st birthday party – SO cute!
Items Needed to Make Your Own Christmas Garland of Wishes:
Step by Step Instructions of how to make your Christmas Garland of Wishes:
- Paint the hearts the base color. (I did two – three coats of paint.)
- Using the white oil-based Sharpie marker, make designs around the edge of the heart.
- Once the paint is dry, write yours and your children’s wishes, one per heart.
- Allow the hearts to fully dry for at least 24 hours.
- String the hearts on a strand of twine.
- Tie a knot on each heart to prevent it from sliding around.
- Voila! – an adorable garland that both you and your children can be proud of – honoring everyone’s wishes, hopes and dreams for the new year.
- I have been very impressed with the wood products I have bought from Woodpeckers® on Amazon.
- Their products lend themselves perfectly to crafts and DIY projects.
- The wood shapes are uniform and without blemishes.
- Their customer service is wonderful with personal attention to each customer.
- They even send you an adorable ebook for inspiration when you purchase their peg dolls.
- Be sure to follow Woodpeckers for more craft inspiration: Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook
I have SO much fun crafting with products from Woodpeckers®. Check out these projects – they are sure to inspire you!