It starts so innocently with one year of Elf’ing… and then…you realize that it’s year after year! These easy Elf on the Shelf ideas will save you again and again!
I glance at my calendar, double-checking that I have my appointments under control for the week. Something odd about this week catches my eye. December 1st…. hmmm – something happens that day and for the life of me I can’t remember what it is. December 1st! The mortgage is due – I did take care of that.
OH MY WORD… All of a sudden it hits me – like being struck by a wet salmon flying through the air at Pike Place Market in Seattle… OH BOY – It’s December 1st this week. The ELF IS RETURNING and I have no idea where in the world he is!
Yes – in theory he’s at the North Pole chilling with ole Santa Clause, but in reality, he might be shoved in one of the over-stuffed faded storage bins waaay up in our attic.
This means that easy access is out of the question, and chances of me getting my husband to climb up in the attic one evening after work, are as good as him putting his dirty socks directly INSIDE the laundry hamper.These easy Elf on the Shelf ideas will instantly add magic and fun! #ElfOnTheShelf #MomWin Click To Tweet
Fast forward 37 minutes of frantic searching… EUREKA!!!! I found him – and all his accessories from last year. I must admit – those were the best purchases I made last December and I certainly plan on buying more this year.
The outfits and accessories for the Elf on the Shelf are perfect for those evenings when you are tired, the alarm on your phone just reminded you to “move the elf” and you are at a loss for ideas.
I believe I have perfected “the lazy mom’s” strategy to enjoying the Elf on the Shelf. Check out my post with easy to implement Elf ideas, none of which will cost you a lot of money or time.
Don’t miss these easy ways to make Elf on the Shelf more magical. I even give you creative ideas with each outfit, so you barely have to do any thinking at all – which is always a total win this time of year!
Add Magic With These Easy Elf on the Shelf Ideas:
- Elf on the Shelf Graphic Tee Multipack and Suitcase.
- This set is perfect to give a few nights before you head out of town to celebrate Christmas. Simply dress the elf and pack his shirts and voila – it’s a gentle reminder for your kid to start packing too.
- Unique and Magical Elf Notes.
- These cards are interactive and will help your child “connect” with the Elf. Fun little questions, activities and bits of information about your Elf.
- Encourage your child to WRITE notes back to the Elf with his answers, this way the Elf actually serves an educational purpose – you are welcome!
- Elf on the Shelf Claus Couture Fa-La-La Footies Pajamas.
- These PJs pair well with a bed made out of a long tissue box or built out of LEGO or DUPLO bricks.
- Every year I set up a “home base” for the Elf – a place where he rests (for the nights when I run out of creativity and he “just” brings them a small stocking stuffer present instead of doing something funny.)
- Elf on the Shelf Claus Couture Twinkle Toes Tutu.
- This adorable tutu with matching ballet slippers is perfect for the tiny little dancer in your house.
- Imagine the surprise when your little girl, practicing her part in the Nutcrackers, wakes up to find her Elf wearing a matching ballet outfit. This is what we refer to as a “MOM WIN!”
- Elf on the Shelf Holiday Christmas Candy Chocolate Countdown Calendar.
- I remember having one of these chocolate calendars as a child – the memory alone brings back the taste of the chocolate. It was one of the best things about waking up on those cold December mornings.
- Elf on the Shelf Polar Pattern Set.
- Dress your elf in his very own hat, socks and reversible scarf.
- This set goes perfectly with a snow ball fight between the elf and some of your child’s toys.
- Snowballs can either be white cotton balls (cut smaller), white pompoms or small marshmallows. Quick and easy to set up (and clean!)
- Elf on the Shelf Claus Couture Caroling in the Rain.
- The set comes with a yellow rain jacket and yellow rain boots. This is perfect for all my Seattle friends.
- The set up for this could be the Elf standing in a potted plant – trying to jump in muddy puddles – bonus would be placing a Peppa Pig next to him.
- Elf on the Shelf Dapper Tuxedo.
- If you have a birthday or other celebration in the month of December, then this outfit is perfect! Perhaps even on Christmas morning – to celebrate the birth of Jesus.
- The details on this tuxedo are amazing and intricate.
- Elf on the Shelf Claus Couture Spirited Soccer Set.
- Our oldest son (10 years old) plays travel soccer. He is starting to not believe in Santa or magic – and it breaks my heart.
- This set will be perfect for the Elf to wear on game day… to wish the non-believer good luck on his game!
- Elf on the Shelf Rider Denim Jacket and Sneaker Socks.
- How cute would this Elf look in his denim jacket and a pair of small roller skates…. I know they would be hard to find, but you could build some with a couple of LEGO wheels.
- The possibilities are endless with this outfit.
- The Elf on the Shelf Claus Couture Jolly Jammies.
- These adorable PJs scream “sleep over” – it will look so cute, if you take your child’s favorite stuffed animals and tuck them into a bed with the Elf right in the middle.
- This will be an instant hit with all kids, young and old!
- The Elf on the Shelf Claus Couture Making Spirits Bright Nightgown.
- This nightgown is so cute, you have to snuggle this Elf with the stuffed animals, as described above. This adorably dressed Elf deserves all the love she can find.
Which one of these outfits and Elf activities was your favorite?
Please let us know in the comments what you end up doing with your Elf – we all benefit from idea-sharing! We are in this Elf’ing thing together!