Moms need the right tools to juggle the activities in a hectic household. Learn which mom planner is the best and get tips on how to manage appointments.
The Best Mom Planner for When Life Gets Hectic
I received product from Purple Trail in return for my honest feedback. Every opinion stated is 100% mine.
I shut off my alarm, it’s 5:30 am on a very cold and rainy Thursday morning. I am feeling particularly “with it” and ready to tackle the day.
Before I get up, I always check my email to see if anything earth-shattering happened while I enjoyed my beauty sleep.
The first email hits me like a ton of bricks. “Missed Swim Lessons” the screen reads.
Wait? What? Swim lessons? We don’t have any swim… OH NO! THOSE SWIM LESSONS!!!! The ones I must have forgotten to write in my old mom planner! (Insert audible face palm)
The manager of our local pool sent me a concerned email because our two youngest kids had not attended their first two weeks of swim lessons. She mentioned that the swim instructor had alerted her to the absences out of concern, knowing how punctual we NORMALLY are.
But what’s normal anymore? Before COVID, before a global pandemic, worldwide shutdowns, online school, and overall disruptions, I was a punctual and very predictable person. If I said I was going to be somewhere at a certain time, you could trust that at least 5 minutes before said time, I was THERE! Front and center!
However, the past year has really thrown a monkey-wrench in my punctuality and I am PRETTY sure this a common theme, especially among moms who juggle not only their own schedules, but their entire household’s schedule.
Lesson learned: Punctuality is only possible with an updated mom day planner.
After a few emails back and forth apologizing profusely and reassuring the pool manager of our wellbeing, I grabbed my Purple Trail mom planner. I quickly realized that adding the upcoming swim lessons to our already busy schedule wasn’t quite as easy as expected.
After another couple of emails and text messages to cancel/ reschedule plans, I managed to get the rest of the swim lessons added to my mom day planner, exactly where I should have put them in the first place!
Back to my Purple Trail planner. If you are a paper-planner person who juggles either several kids or busy work- and social calendars, then this planner is what you’ve been looking for your whole life… no exaggeration.
I won’t keep you in suspense any longer. But I can tell you, had I had my Purple Trail mom planner when I originally scheduled these swim lessons, this oversight and missed pool time would not have happened.
(Let it just be known that I have been a paper planner person my whole life. I have, therefore “been around the block” a time or two and have tried most of the mainstream and popular planners on the market.)
Things I LOVE about Purple Trail Day Planners:
- The Purple Trail planner selection is HUGE! Just check out all the different TYPES of planners.
- Spend time looking at each category, even if you don’t think it is what you need. You may get inspiration of how you can set up your own planner from a different category.
- Personally, the mom planner fits my needs. As a mother of four busy boys and a home-based business (this blog and freelance writing), I need one planner that will organize and allow me to have a bird’ eye view of our lives at all times.
- My absolute favorite feature of my Purple Trail planner: the personalized sections of the daily schedule.
- I have one section for my personal and work commitments and one for each of our four boys.
- Now I can easily keep my commitments separate from the kids’ while having a great overview of each child’s schedule. I can see if any of the kids are over-scheduled.
- I write my work-related deadlines in the larger box, so I don’t need a second planner to manage my business obligations.
- Purple Trail offers you three different cover options. I chose the thickest and most durable, to see exactly HOW durable it is.
- I carry my day planner with me everywhere I go. Sometimes it’s in my purse, other times, it’s thrown on the front seat of my car. Durability is a requirement for me.
- I can tell you, after two months of using my day planner and not being overly gentle with it, there is not a scratch or mark on the cover. It looks as brand new as it did the day it arrived.
- The size of the planner is a smidge smaller than some of “the other planners” I have used in the past. I find this size absolutely perfect. The way the pages are laid out, I have the same amount of writing space, but a more compact planner. In other words, the best of both worlds.
- The paper quality is out of this world. My planner MUST have thick and durable paper because I erase DAILY in my planner. I have erased pencil and pen without the paper failing me.
- Mom planner pro tip: write ONLY with a pencil or erasable pen. If there’s anything the past two years have taught us, it’s that plans change on a whim. Being able to erase and change appointments neatly in my day planner makes my heart very happy. These are my favorite mechanical pencils and these are my favorite erasable pens. I honestly never leave home without at least one of these and my Purple Trail Mom Planner!
- Every month and section is separated by a laminated tab. These tabs allow you to find your place in the planner within seconds, instead of paging through several months before you find the right date.
- The personalized content options make the Purple Trail planners YOUR perfect go-to, sanity-saving tool. I chose to have several pages of to-do lists in the back of my planner because I love lists. Now, I no longer have to search for my running to-do lists, they are right where they belong: in the back of my Purple Trail planner.
I could go on and on about why I love my Purple Trail planner, but I encourage you to check one out for yourself. You will be pleasantly surprised, without a doubt.
I added a special gift to you in this post, my sanity-saving Appoint Planner pages. These two pages have come in handy countless times over the past two years. As plans change due to unforeseen circumstances, I keep track of appointments I need to schedule or reschedule.
In a family with four boys, there is always a long list of appointments I need to schedule. I keep track of our unscheduled appointments on these Appointment Planner pages.
The second page, “Future Appointments” is perfect for appointments scheduled for dates beyond what your current mom planner holds. Once you update your day planner, you simply add the dates from the “Future Appointments” page to your new mom planner!
Both these pages are conveniently stored in the back pocket of your Purple Trail planner.
I would love to hear how you keep track of your family’s hectic and ever-changing schedule.