When your little resident Pokemon fan wants a stuffed version of their favorite pocket monster, go ahead and make this adorable Pikachu plush.
DIY an Adorable Pikachu Plush
In a house of four boys, you must live, breathe and love all things Pokemon. So that’s what we do – happily. When our oldest son started his Pokemon interest/obsession years ago, I wasn’t sure whether to support or discourage this latest craze. Years later, we have a house full of Pokemon cards and various Pokemon plush. The kids’ favorite is of course their Pikachu plush – every single version of it.
As it turns out, Pokemon has been way more of a blessing than a curse to our kids, who knew?! As an example, did you know that Pokemon the card game is full of math problems the kids have to solve in order to play their hand?! Suddenly, you can feel good about spending money on Pokemon cards, it’s practically like getting a math tutor, ALMOST.
Like I mentioned, our kids LOVE their Pikachu plush, especially this adorable version of the charming pocket monster. (Have you seen the movie Detective Pikachu yet?)
Want to surprise your little Pikachu fan with their own Pikachu plush doll? Better yet, why not make it together with your kids?
Here’s how you make this sweet little Pikachu plush.
List of Supplies:
- Get sheets of yellow, red and black felt.
- Trace the patterns, from the provided Pikachu template, on the felt sheets.
- CLICK HERE TO GET THE PIKACHU TEMPLATE SENT DIRECTLY VIA EMAIL.
- Cut out the traced felt fabrics using scissors.
- The template includes:
- 2 main body parts
- 2 parts for the tail
- 2 circles for the cheeks
- 2 circles for the eyes
- 2 ears
- 2 top parts of the ears
- 2 hand patterns.
- The template includes:
- Take any one of the main body parts and stitch the eye cut-outs on it.
- Use black thread to stitch the nose and mouth of Pikachu.
- Stitch the two tail cut outs together around the sides.
- Stitch the top parts of the ears on each cut out.
- Stitch the two red blush patterns on both cheeks with a big “X” stitch.
- And then, stitch the two hand patterns on two sides of the body, below the head.
- Take the other (plain body) main body pattern and place it on a flat surface. Place the tail and the ears on their appropriate places by slightly overlapping them with the body cut out.
- Now place the stitched body pattern over the plain one. Prepare needle and thread.
- Stitch around the sides to join the 2 body parts.
- While stitching the sides make sure to stitch the tail and the ears as well.
- Keep a small opening before completing the stitching. Stuff the Pikachu felt plush with cotton or small felt cut outs (left over felt works perfectly).
- Insert enough stuffing to give the plush a fluffy look. Do not stuff to much.
- Once the stuffing is complete, stitch the opening closed.
- Tie 2 knots and randomly insert the needle into the plush and drawing it out from the back side of the plush.
- Cut off extra thread.
Now, take a step back and pat yourself on the shoulder. This adorable Pikachu plush is SURE to be a crowd pleasure in your home, for boys and girls alike!
Our kids have also managed to spend HOURS with these other Pokemon-related activities – and their results were stunning! SO COOL!