We are good moms, right?! As a matter of fact, we are better than that, we are GREAT moms! My kids wear their Sunday best, even on Tuesdays, yours do too, right? When I cook, my kids scarf down the food so fast that I have to remind them to chew every bite at least 17 times. They ask for seconds and thirds, and of course, they decline ALL offers of dessert. Yours do too, right?
Or… perhaps the definition of being an awesome mom varies slightly at your house? Truth be told, motherhood in our house doesn’t always follow the conventional ideas of what the perfect mother looks like – and I am proud of it.
20 ways you know you are rocking #Motherhood - from the #RealWorld! #MomWin #Parenting Click To Tweet
Presenting, from the real world, 20 ways you KNOW you are ROCKING MOTHERHOOD!
- You cook to make your kids gag.
- You sing to make your kids cover their ears.
- You dance to make your kids leave the room.
- You kiss to make your kids wipe it off.
- You check homework to make your kids whine.
- You tuck in shirts to make your kids squirm.
- You have lots of kids to make them argue.
- You do crafts to make your kids’ arms hurt.
- You ask questions to make your kids roll their eyes
- You brush your kids’ teeth to make them fuss.
- You remind your kids to flush to waste their time.
- You insist on hand washing to annoy your kids.
- You take your kids to school to make them cry.
- You brush your kids’ hair to make them run.
- You take your kids for a walk to make their legs hurt.
- You cheer for your kids to embarrass them.
- You get your kids dressed to make them stomp their feet.
- You turn the TV off to make your kids miss the episode they have only watched 47 times.
- You make your kids do chores because you are too lazy to do them yourself.
- You have rules because you are mean.
Moms, we are totally rocking motherhood. Let’s stand tall, stand proud and united in this journey. At the end of a long day, after the kids have whined, gagged and stomped their little feet for the last time. Once they are snuggled up in their beds, JUST about to doze off – they look at you with dreamy eyes and say a tired “I love you, mom!” – and THAT is why we do the things we do!
Remember – you are ROCKING motherhood!
Don’t miss these motherhood truths – It took me YEARS to realize them!