This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Faultless/Bon Ami Company for IZEA. All opinions are 100% mine.
School pictures! Don’t we all love the overpriced photographs of our kids’ awkward smiles in wrinkled shirts, standing in front of backdrops left over from an old Olan Mills studio?! Over the years we have had our share of really funny school pictures, but when kids bring home a big envelope full of printed photographs it is impossible for me to send them back. I buy them all, every time. Thankfully I have learned a few tricks along the way to make sure the pictures turn out better than expected. Here are my BEST tips for school photo success, with my secret “ingredient”: Faultless Premium Starch!
- Hair: We TRY to get the kids’ hair cut the weekend before their scheduled school photos. But there is usually one in the bunch who sensitive to haircuts, either due to age or temperament. It happens, without fail. Instead of fighting, I just squirt water in his hair on the morning of picture day, chase him through the house with the torture instrument known as “a comb” and get his hair tamed – sort of… (and then I thank my lucky stars that I don’t have girls to braid or hunt down for pig tails every day!)
- Shoes: Two words of caution here: “reflecting strips”! I am speaking from experience here, there is nothing that will draw your attention away from your child’s brilliant smile faster than the flash shining off the reflecting strips on his sneakers. Be mindful of light-up shoes as well.
- Props: Personally, I prefer prop-less pictures. But for some kids it takes the edge off and brings out a more natural and relaxed smile if they are holding something in their hands. Great prop ideas are things that relate to their after-school interests (i.e. sports equipment, books, games or a favorite toy.)
- Outfit: If the school allows for non-uniform clothes, I always dress them in button-down dress shirts and standard khaki uniform pants.
- The night before I iron the shirts and pants, meticulously, like my mother taught me. I use Faultless Premium Starch to seal my handy work, so the clothes are ready to withstand the Florida humidity and playground fun. The flake-free formula and non-clogging spray cuts my ironing time dramatically.
- The boys head off to school with their shirts untucked. The “delayed tucking” keeps the shirt nice and crisp for the photo session.
- The freshly ironed pants look more than presentable, even after a busy morning playing on the monkey bars. Faultless Premium ensures that the kids look picture-ready all throughout the day.
- The End Result! When the kids come home with this season’s school pictures, I always tear up. Their hair style may not have lasted throughout the day, their toothless smile was more of a smirk and their photo prop looked awkwardly out of place. But one thing is certain, the pictures are perfect! The photo captured a moment in time of my child’s school life – and it is perfect! (And so are their clothes – their outfit, all crisp and ironed, like my mom taught me!)
I appreciate working with Faultless Premium on this post, and I loved the opportunity to share with my readers these school photo tips.
- Before you head out to pick up some Faultless Premium Starch, print this coupon for extra savings: Faultless Premium Coupon
- Look for a retailer in your area: find a store
- Visit Faultless Premium Starch on Facebook for other awesome tips: Faultless on Facebook
- Faultless is giving away $1,000 along with a year’s supply of Faultless Premium. enter to win their generous giveaway. All you have to do is:
- Visit the Faultless Starch Giveaway page Faultless Starch Giveaway
- Watch the video of Ironing Board Sam singing the “Wrinkle Blues”
- Enter your information
- Share this link with your friends: http://bit.ly/1FP5Up4
Please share with me in the comments…
Who taught you the fine art of ironing?