Thank you, LEGOLAND Florida Resort for our family’s recent visit your park and stay at the hotel. As always, we had an awesome time. I recently spoke with two LEGOLAND insiders to get the scoop on the perks and lesser-known things to do at the LEGOLAND Florida Resort. Our family put everything to the test during our visit. Don’t miss any of these little known things to do when you visit LEGOLAND Florida Resort next time.
BEFORE YOUR TRIP:
Prior to heading to the park, there are a few things you should do to prepare for your visit. Planning ahead will ensure that there is something for everyone on your agenda, and that you don’t miss any of the hidden gems.
- If your party includes family members 2 years old, or younger, check out “What to do when you are 2”. It is a great map and resource of toddler-friendly activities.
- This comprehensive Family Guide lists any ride restrictions. You can easily set your child’s expectations and not get caught off guard by height or age restrictions.
- Confirm the park hours before you plan your trip, as they may have reduced hours certain times of the year.
- The 2016 calendar of events for LEGOLAND Florida Resort is full of fun promotions throughout the year.
- The park (and hotel) both offer various VIP packages. These are awesome ways to celebrate a special occasion. The VIP experiences range from premium viewing area for events, private guided tours of the park and priority access to rides. Check back regularly as their package may change depending on the season.
AT THE PARK:
- LEGOLAND Florida Resort’s best kept secret is their Guest Services. The office is located to the right, immediately upon entering the park. Before you do ANYTHING else, pop in to pay them a visit. They have resources available that will make the rest of your day easier.
- Tell them if anyone in your party has food allergies or dietary restrictions. They will put you in touch with Meal Services and together you can review their menu and discuss the options that will work for your family.
- Get a button to pin on your shirt if you are celebrating a special occasion, a birthday or if it is your first visit to the park.
- Throughout the day, any Model Citizen (park employee) who sees the pin will greet you with a heartfelt “happy birthday”, “welcome” or “congratulations”.
- Our kids felt SO special to have people wish them a happy birthday throughout the day.
- Get your child a HEIGHT BAND, which is by far the most awesome concept (and best kept secret).
- Your child is measured and outfitted with a colored wrist band.
- The color of the band corresponds with the rides your child qualifies to enter, based on his height.
- Throughout the park, as you approach each ride, you will see that the signs signaling the height requirement are painted in different colors.
- Match the color of the sign to the color of your child’s wrist band to confirm that your child meets that ride’s requirements.
- This is a genius way for you to proactively set expectations as you walk through the park.
- The INSIDE of the wrist band has room for the parents’ phone number and name. Model citizens are trained to check the wrist bands for this vital information if you become separated from your child.
- Mini figure trading is fun for the whole family!
- Bring several mini figures from home, complete with head, shirt, pants and hair/ hat.
- Approach any Model Citizen and ask to trade with any of the mini figures they have on their name tag.
- Check out the mini figure trading wall inside Guest Services and the new cart right outside Fun Town.
- You MAY get so lucky that your new mini figure has an accessory.
- Don’t miss the standup coin operated dryers outside of the CHIMA ride – you WILL need them!
- Parking is FREE to visitors with hotel reservations or annual passes!
- Character meet and greet! The characters appear frequently throughout the day, so we have never found the lines to be too long for little impatient kids.
- The LEGO Friends are cheerful and spunky personalities.
- The LEGO Movie characters are a household staple for LEGO fans throughout the world.
- LEGO Legends of CHIMA Characters will thrill LEGO fans of all ages. Our kids just LOVE posing with Cragger.
- Don’t forget to take a stroll through Mini-Land! This is a miniature version of tourist attractions from around the world, made out of LEGO bricks.
- The mini-landers (the people) are built out of bricks.
- New mini-landers are added according to the season and the theme throughout the park.
- Join one of the scavenger hunts in Mini-Land, encouraging visitors to find the new seasonal builds.
- Don’t miss the new rides and attractions!
- Heartlake City is the newest section of the park.
- The five friends your kids have been playing with in their LEGO Friends sets are all featured in this adorable pink and purple city.
- Nina’s horses spin around in a half pipe. This ride is every bit as thrilling as it looks.
- The LEGO Movie 4D experience!
- This attraction JUST opened a few weeks ago. I am sure it will be wildly popular and will give you a break from the hot Florida sun.
- Heartlake City is the newest section of the park.
- Package pick up! If you have been “talked into” shopping at one of the many LEGO stores throughout the park, or if luck struck and you won an oversized Minion at the basket ball hoop game, fear not! You do NOT have to carry your prize throughout the park for the rest of the day. Ask a Model Citizen for assistance, they will have your items sent to the entrance of the park, so you can pick it up on your way out. Allow two hours from the time of drop off to pick up.
We always have a blast when we visit LEGOLAND Florida Resort. As a mother, I love that there is something for every age throughout the park. The activities are very hands-on and they challenge the kids to use all their senses. After a full day inside the park, our kids are tired – the good kind of exhausted, and we are ready to kick back and relax.
My next LEGOLAND Florida post is a review of the Hotel – and you do NOT want to miss it! I will share tips and tricks of how to prepare for your stay, again – so you get the most out of your LEGO adventures.
This list of 10 Tips and Tricks to Make Your LEGOLAND Visit Awesome is a life saver!