These adorable Halloween spider tea lights are perfect for a not-too-spooky Halloween party or simply fun decorations to make with your kids!
What do you do when your toddler decides to take an early nap, all of a sudden giving you a few hours of “me” time. Do you clean? Fold laundry? Watch TV? Sit down and relax? Or… do you finally get caught up on crafts that you have been itching to complete for WEEKS?
You guessed it, I chose the latter. I have a bad habit of buying craft supplies, stashing them on the kitchen counter and praying for the day that I have time to get creative and go crazy with the glue gun. Today was that day – prayers were answered!
Friendly #HalloweenSpider tea lights for your not-too-spooky #HalloweenParty Click To Tweet
The Items Needed to Make Friendly Halloween Spider Tea Lights:
(This project is SO simple and easy to make. You can easily put your toddler to work.)
- Attach two googly eyes on the side of the tea light.
- Cut the stiff felt into two long 1/4” strips and then cut those strips in half.
- Place the four felt strips on the table with a little space in between each of them.
- Put a piece of tape over the middle of the strips (aka “the legs”).
- Bend the felt strips on both sides of the tape to make them look like legs.
- Glue the black LED tea light to the taped legs with the hot glue gun. (Try not to burn your fingers!)
- VOILA! You have yourself the friendliest Halloween spider LED tea lights to decorate your Halloween dinner table or mantel.
I made these spider tea lights in a matter of minutes and I STILL had time to spare while Jonah was enjoying his unplanned impromptu nap. It’s funny how a few minutes without hearing “mama, mama… MAMA” every two minutes recharges your mind and spirit.
I felt like I had taken a nap, by the time Jonah woke up, but truth be told, I didn’t sit down for a minute. I had been busy crafting and creating – lots of fun things for the blog! Stay tuned for our adorable new Halloween wreath!
Until I publish this year’s wreath, feast your eyes on the spider wreath I made last year. It turned out to be a raging success.
I found some adorable spider crafts over at Raising Little Superheroes that you don’t want to miss!
How to Make Creepy Crawly Bath Sponge Spiders – You will never look at a bath sponge the same way again.
How to Make Creepy Crawly Bath Sponge Spiders – Kids will love to make this adorable little guy
How to Make an Itsy, Bitsy Spider Paper Plate Craft – This spider is so adorable. Great match for the tea lights.