How to Make an Awesome LEGO Shadow Box
Our two youngest share a bedroom and OF COURSE, their room is decorated with LEGO everywhere. Their LEGO room was a lot of fun to put together, especially when we decided to add some one-of-a-kind LEGO decor, such as this LEGO shadow box. While we created this shadow box for their favorite LEGO Mini-Figures, we also made beds for their Mini-Figures. They came out SO cute!
Now back to the LEGO shadow box, it is SUCH a cool. Depending on what you love, you can literally make a shadow box for just about anything. And even better than that? There’s no wrong way to make a shadow box. And that, my friends, is what makes this craft so stinkin’ awesome.
While I’ll be giving you the steps on how to recreate this adorable shadow box, you and your kiddos ultimately have the choice of how the end result looks. Using LEGO in this shadow box leaves a huge amount of creativity to be exerted and explored!
Make a Shadow Box for a LEGO Room
Are you ready to make a totally unique and cool LEGO addition to your son or daughter’s LEGO room?!
Materials Needed To Make Your Own Shadow Box:
Step-by-step Instructions to Make a LEGO Shadow Box:
- Find a quote your child loves. Pick something funny, motivating, or simply something from their favorite book or movie.
- Type it up, use a fun font, and print it on thick cardstock paper.
- Trim the quote to fit inside the box.
- Choose a paint color that goes well with your kid’s bedroom theme and paint the entire box frame.
- After the paint is dry, attach the quote to the inside of the box frame using glue, or even double-sided tape.
- Tape the jingle bell string to the inside top of the box frame. (Glue from a hot glue gun would work too.)
- Last but not least, add your LEGO Mini-Figures!
That’s literally it. No more steps or stress involved.
And seriously, how adorable is the outcome?! Making a shadow box as a decoration in a LEGO room is a great way to add a bit of creativity and fun. Plus, depending on the quote that is chosen, it can also be a great way to show off some fun personality, too!
Now, don’t forget, if you have more LEGO Mini-Figures than you know what to do with, and who doesn’t?! These LEGO Mini-Figure display shelves have been a sanity-saver for our kids’ rooms. No more LEGO Mini-Figures laying around on the floor for me to step on in the middle of the night.
Have fun creating this super simple LEGO Shadow Box. This is one LEGO creation that is 100% your own!