Did you know that paper can be so much fun? Some people spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars on toys to entertain their children. To each their own, but we have so much fun creating our own out of paper! Don’t get me wrong, I still buy my kids toys, but the times we have spent making our own, like these Easy Paper Toys, always turns into a fond memories.
Setting up activities for kids does not have to be expensive or difficult. It doesn’t have to be a big production every day. You can grab a few pieces of paper and go through some of these cute origami tutorials or add in a few extra craft supplies and follow one of the tutorials below.
These paper activities are inexpensive and low-prep so you can spend less time stressing and more time engaging with your children!
- These free printable Pokémon Evolution Cards are bound to keep your Pokemon lover entertained for a long while. They are super fun and they only take minutes to be ready!
- This super cute froggie is made only with folded paper but it actually jumps! We’ve had many races to see who has the farthest jumping frog.
- Move over paper air plane, this Origami Boomerang is the new it thing. Throw it out and it will come back to you. How fun is that? And you can make it on your own in a matter of minutes!
- These aren’t your average coloring pages. These Snowman and Friends, after they’re colored, turn into adorable cones that can be displayed on a mantle or book shelf beautifully!
- Here is another new way to enjoy the ‘paper plane’ = Add straws. This STEM activity will leave children giggling as their creations glide through the air.
- These Easy Paper Spinners are another excellent hands on learning activity for kids. While you’re creating this fun toy, introduce colour theory with these free printables. Learning is fun with this activity!
- If you are new to Origami, this is a fantastic project to start with. These Paper Boats can be made out of practically anything and anywhere. A fabulous way to entertain kids in the car, a plane or even in the doctor’s office.
- Tops were one of my favorite toys as a child. When you get it spinning just right it can go and go and go! These paper tops are a fantastic activity for an inexpensive day at home!
- Did you know that with a paper clip, paper, and a little maneuvering you can create a flying, spinning helicopter? It can be done and oh how much fun they can be!
[bctt tweet=”Fun and versatile #PaperCrafts for kids of all ages. Keep your kids entertained for hours! @RedTedArt” username=”MamaintheNow”]
Now you can see how much fun paper can be! They are all simple with easy to follow tutorials. Not only are children enjoying their time actually creating but they are learning a vast array of things as well. Then when the project is complete, they can play with their creations. It’s the activity that keeps on going and that makes this mum happy!
This was a guest post by none other than Maggy from Red Ted Art. I am honored to have her here on my blog, sharing some of her countless awesome crafts and activities. You definitely want to follow her on social media, her posts will give you inspiration for years to come: Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram.