This week’s article in the series “How to Love Your Toddler from Tantrum to Triumph” helps you put an end to your baby’s and toddler’s teething woes.
We have had very different teething experiences with all four of our children. I think with prior knowledge comes a sense of calm, and the realization that: “this too shall pass,” but also an understanding of which products work, and which ones are simply just a waste of money or even dangerous for the baby. Finally with the last two babies we have figured out to how relieve teething pain once and for all. There is one product on the market that I recommend to all my mommy friends – The Amber Teething necklace from GreenPath Baby: Click here to visit GreenPath Baby.
Jordan’s experience, 2008: He came home from the hospital at two months old and started teething just a few months thereafter. I was SO thankful to have him home that a few sleepless nights with a teething baby was just another reason to cuddle. Jordan’s pain tolerance was also much higher than Jacob’s, so teething just never bothered him as much. However, we also used homeopathic teething tablets and the occasional dose of Tylenol for Jordan. Both boys suffered ear infections, post-nasal drip coughs, and everyone in the house lost quite a bit of sleep during their years of teething. Be sure to read my article on recognizing the signs of teething.
Jansen’s experience, 2011: When it came time for Jansen to start teething the retail baby market had changed to more “back to basics” items. Cloth diapers and amber teething necklaces had become household words – and I was intrigued. My like-minded moms gave the same rave reviews of the amber teething necklaces: “They definitely work. You have to try them!” and “by the way, no the baby does NOT chew on them!”
- Teething became a non-event.
- Drool production was much less than the St. Bernard-like drool of his older brother
- I have incomplete baby records of when Jansen’s teeth appeared. Not because he’s the third child, but because they didn’t cause him sleepless nights or agitation.
- Babyhood was easy and painless for Jansen, he even slept like a baby.
What is an amber teething necklace:
- I buy all my natural parenting items at Greenpath Baby, and the amber teething necklace is no exception: Click here to visit GreenPath Baby
- The Amber Teething necklaces sold by GreenPath Baby are the only CPSC certified round Baltic Amber beads on a knotted strand.
- The knots in between each bead prevent a massive spill in the unlikely event that the necklace should break.
- The individual beads are also so small that should one get lose it will not pose as a choking hazard.
- The baby does NOT chew on the beads.
- Amber is not a rock, it is fossilized tree sap. The Baltic region is known for its high quality amber, which washes ashore onto Scandinavian and other Northern European beaches.
- Amber contains an oil called succinic acid, which is a natural trace element found in plants and animals
- The outer layer of amber contains the highest amount of succinic acid, 3-8%.
- The heat from the person’s skin allows small amounts of succinic acid from the amber to enter the bloodstream, and then work its magic on the pains and discomforts.
- My grandmother and aunt in Denmark used to pull out their finest amber necklaces and bracelets when their arthritis started acting up.
- Amber has been used for generations across the Baltic and Scandinavian regions to relieve pain associated with head aches, migraines, arthritis, joint pain and of course teething.
Disclaimer: I need to mention that this product should be used responsibly. Due to the risk of the necklace getting caught on something, please only allow the baby to wear it under adult supervision. Click here to visit GreenPath Baby and check out their Amber Teething Necklaces and other natural parenting items, such as cloth diapers and woven wraps.
Which remedies have you used with your baby?