How long after having a baby can you claim the muffin top as “baby fat”? I’m running out of time – so here’s how I plan to get in shape, on a budget.
What is the official statute of limitations for referring to your muffin top as “baby fat”? In reality, it was the babies (or rather the delicious cakes I ate during the pregnancies) that originally caused the excess “skin” to overflow.
The “baby” is now a toddler, well into toddlerhood, so I am pushing my luck when I blame him. Yeah, it’s time to own my fitness (or lack thereof).
It is time for me to make a change. I need to get in shape – and stay on budget!
I glance at my day planner, just one more time to check. Yup, tomorrow IS Monday. The start of a new week means new beginnings, new opportunities to seek, new challenges to meet and yes, I am doing it. THIS time it’s for real. I promise.
I am going to start working out on Monday. I am not quite sure why I don’t just start TODAY, but there is something more official about starting at the beginning of the week. It makes me more accountable, or maybe it’s just a way for me to delay it another day or two.
[bctt tweet=”7 ways to #GetInShape and get #CleanConfidence. #Frugal #Fitness @Cottonelle” username=”MamaintheNow”]
Then reality sets in… HOW am I going to get in shape? Do I have everything I need to get started? Maybe I need to run to the store for supplies – and that can even take a few days, so NEXT week might be a better time to start.
The “how” will determine if I have everything, so let me share my list of (almost) free exercise ideas with you. I am a busy mother of four on a budget, chances you are also limited in time and money.
Free (or Inexpensive) Exercise Ideas To Get In Shape On A Budget:
- Biking (if you already own a bike)
- Jumping rope
- Yoga (YouTube has a wealth of FREE yoga routines)
- Workout programs doing floor exercises (Again, YouTube is your friend for FREE exercise routines)
- Meditation (exercising and resting the mind is important for overall health)
Supplies Needed Before You Get Started:
(You may already own some or all of these things!)
- Shoes! You must invest in a good pair of shoes, especially if you are walking, running or biking.
- This is the biggest investment unless you decide to buy a new bike!
- Clothes! My exercise clothes are from a forgone era of single-digit clothing sizes. But basic workout clothes don’t have to cost an arm and a leg.
- A good supportive bra, especially if you are still nursing.
- Comfortable tank top or t-shirt.
- Yoga pants or shorts, nothing too bulky though.
- Yoga and floor exercise equipment!
- Foam block (you can use a sturdy hard-cover book in a pinch)
- Strap (or a long belt)
- Jump rope
- Resistance bands
- Exercise balls (your kids may have some you can “borrow”).
- Hair accessories! Not for vanity, but rather practicality. There is nothing more annoying than bangs flopping around in your eyes as you are doing a downward facing dog.
- Cottonelle® with CleanRipple® Texture… Yeah, I said it! This stuff is a must-have for women who wish to exercise with confidence and comfort.
- I am a BIG fan of comfort! Wearing my granny panties or a g-string that resembles a few strands of thread tied together when I bike, run or do yoga is NOT my idea of comfort!
- Cottonelle® gives me the confidence to go commando – a skill I have learned to embrace after having four boys. It’s apparently their life’s mission to get out of the house without wearing underwear… but they have yet to get past me (and my motherly eagle-eyes!) So please don’t tell them that I do it!
Timing is Everything:
- Start NOW! Like I mentioned previously, I am going to start Monday, when the kids (or most of them) are in school.
- Don’t wait for the start of the month, the new year, the next full moon or low tide – just start.
- Sign up for an event, this gives you a goal, accountability and something to look forward to.
Wanderlust 108 in Miami takes place on October 22, and it is the perfect reason to start – a motivating kick-start.
What is Wanderlust 108 in Miami:
It is a “mindful triathlon” combining three events like you have never seen before:
- 5K run (or walk)
- Outdoor yoga experience
- Guide meditation – with a twist
When: October 22, 2016 from 7:30am – 3:45pm
Where: Historic Virginia Key Beach Park
- There is entertainment scheduled throughout the day with DJs and lawn activities (like hooping, slacklining and acroyoga)
- Local craft and food vendors on site
- Nationally recognized teachers, instructors, speakers and musicians
- Check here for more info on Wanderlust 108 in Miami
But if you can’t make it to Wanderlust 108 in Miami, either due to distance or timing, don’t let that delay the start of your fitness routine. (I am not!)
I am going all in… this is IT! The “babies” are growing up, so it’s time for my “baby fat” also grow up – and move out!
Jump in on this awesome giveaway sponsored by Cottonelle®, enter to win “Fitness Must Haves”.
Cottonelle® Prize Pack Includes:
- Cottonelle® Flushable Cleansing Cloths with CleanRipple® Texture
- Lip gloss
- Dry shampoo
- Hair ties
- Plain, black basketball cap
- MSRP: $50
- (I have to admit that all these products are my new favs – the mascara and lip gloss are OUT OF THIS WORLD!)
Giveaway Entry Details:
The Cottonelle® “Fitness Must Haves” Reader Giveaway (“Sweepstakes”) starts at 12:01 a.m. EST on October 17, 2016 and ends at 11:59 p.m. on October 28, 2016 (the “Entry Period”)
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.