10 People Who Should be on Your Holiday Card List:
- Parents: Even if you see them regularly. They want to have a card on their wall to brag about their adorable family.
- In-laws: For the same reason as # 1 and to remind them that although you may not have been their first choice for their child, in the end you were the best choice.
- Siblings: It is easy to forget the people closest to us, so make an effort to mail this card early.
- Friends: Every year I am so excited to add a few new people to this list. There are a number of people with whom we “only” exchange Holiday cards, but it is wonderful to know that we at least stay in touch.
- Relatives: Near and far! Our Holiday card tradition here in the United States is a little unique. My relatives in Denmark are not as accustomed to sending cards as we are. I still send my extended family Holiday cards every year. While I may forget their birthdays, anniversaries and other milestones, they have come to expect and look forward our annual card.
- Neighbors: Instead of mailing these cards, spend an hour one evening and hand-deliver them – perhaps even with a batch of freshly baked cookies. Try it, you may just be surprised at all the good cheer you receive in return.
- Social media friends: Don’t forget the friends you have made online. A lot of times they offer support and friendship in a way your local friends can’t. Show your appreciation by reaching out “the old fashioned way” with a card in the mail.
- Business contacts: If you are a business owner, consider sending one of your family’s photo cards to your closest business relationships. It makes you more relatable and can open the door for great conversations on a more personal level.
- Teachers: Showing your child’s teacher how adorable your little cherub’s family is can’t hurt.
- Doctors & other professionals: Ok, so you don’t have to send cards to every single medical professional who has ever laid eyes on you. But if there are a few specialists who have made a dramatic difference in your life over the past year(s), go ahead and send a card.
Practical tips to stay organized:
- We keep an “old school” address book with everyone’s contact information. We check off the people we sent cards to by writing the current year on an empty line. This ensures that we never forget anybody from the previous years.
- We confirm from the return address, when we receive cards and letters in the mail, that we have their most current address on file.
- We always order 5-10 extra cards, so we can reciprocate and send a last-minute card if someone unexpectedly sends us a card. Their name is then added to the address book for next year’s Holiday card list.
Save Time and Money Ordering Cards:
- Check out Walmart Photo. We received Holiday cards from Walmart Photo and loved the quality, convenience and price – the trifecta of Holiday shopping success.
- Why Walmart Photo?
- Selection: They have 500 designs available in-store and over 1,900 designs online.
- Convenience: With 3,500 Walmart Photo locations throughout the country and their website: Walmart, it is easy and convenient to place your Holiday card order.
- Speed: Several of the cards and Walmart Photo gifts are available for Same Day pick-up in store.
- File Transfer: Photos stored on your mobile device is quickly transferred via the Fujifilm Kiosk Photo Transfer App or by connecting to the Kiosk with a cable.
- The quality of the paper and envelopes is top notch.
- The finished product:
- The pictures in this post are of the 3 different Holiday cards we were provided by Walmart Photo.
- The prints and colors were spot on and ordering was quick and simple.
- The in-store Instant or 1-Hour Cards start at $0.44/ card for 4×8 and they come with premium silver-foil lined envelopes.
- The Premium Stationery Cards can be ordered in store and are available for pick-up at your local Walmart Photo location within 3-5 days.
- These double sided 5×7 cards come with optional rounded corners and only cost $0.87/ card.
Conclusion: Staying in touch with friends and family and furthering business relationships does not require a big time commitment or financial investment when you use Walmart Photo.