Pokémon GO is taking the
country galaxy by storm. Everywhere you turn, kids, tweens and millenials are aimlessly walking around, pointing their smart devices at invisible friends and objects.
As the world adjusts to the latest fad, public landmarks and private property alike are swarmed by the fearless Pokémon GO hunters.
Today LEGOLAND® Florida Resort released their Safety Guidelines for Guests Playing Pokémon GO
[bctt tweet=”Safety Guidelines released by @LEGOLANDFlorida for guests to safely play #PokemonGO – funny and scary! ” username=”MamaintheNow”]
WINTER HAVEN, Fla. (July 12, 2016) – At LEGOLAND® Florida Resort we believe #AwesomeAwaits for kids seeking to “catch ‘em all” as they play Pokémon GO, the tremendously popular new app. Pokémon haven been spotted throughout the resort and guests are welcome to play during their visit, but the resort has issued a few ground rules to ensure a safe search.
Rules for a safe Pokémon GO quest at LEGOLAND Florida Resort:
- Even a Pokémon Master must stay within guest areas. Please don’t climb any fences or follow any Pokémon into employee only areas.
- No catch is worth sacrificing your safety. All play must pause throughout the duration of your ride until you exit the ride.
- Be sure not to bump into one of our more than 28 thousand LEGO® models – that could hurt!
- With more than one hundred Pokémon to catch, be sure to stay hydrated.
- If you find a Pokémon at the Fun Town Pizza Pasta Buffet, let the nearest Model Citizen know, we prefer pepperoni over Poké Balls.
- If hours of play have unleashed the power of your phone, recharge in the Imagination Zone.
- If your wild encounter leads you to Wyldstyle, keep in mind she may need to stop for a selfie with another guest before you can make your catch.
When I read these guidelines I chuckle at the thought of all the things that happened at the LEGOLAND Florida Resort for them to put out these guidelines.
Play safe, people!
Don’t miss my other LEGOLAND Florida Resort posts, there are a lot of hacks and great tips!
The Ultimate Guide to LEGOLAND for Families with Special Needs
What Everyone Ought to Know About the LEGOLAND Hotel
Little Known Things To Do At LEGOLAND
10 Tips & Tricks You Need Before Going to LEGOLAND
We may not always understand their Pokemon obsession, but we can still score cool-mom-points with these awesome Pokemon crafts and activities for kids of all ages!
Dandi D says
I’ve never heard of Pokeman Go, so I guess I’m ignorant to this craze!
Amber Ludwig says
Love that they are getting this out there to their guests so that everyone stays safe!! BUt I also wish people would enjoy the actual world instead of spending so much time getting lost in a pretend one 😉
Mama in the Now says
I know… especially when visiting such a fun place like LEGOLAND… I wouldn’t pay admission to then go play a game.
Sandra Caballero says
Pokemon is so popular! I see it everywhere.
Mama in the Now says
Isn’t it hysterical to see grown ups walking around?! Cracks me up!
Cheryl Layshock says
Yes please be safe! Legoland sound like a fun place to play Pokemon go.
Haha – funny to imagine the scenarios for sure! But it makes me think that the makers of the game should have more concern for the players safety too!
Stefanie Ryan says
Pokemon Go is so much fun, I would love to go to Legoland