My alarm goes off at 5:30am every.single.morning. It is a relentless reminder that regardless of how much fun I had the night before and how late I stayed up, it is now time for me to start our routine all over again. I wake up with several little feet in my face, make up worn off and my hair a tangled mess. I obviously just pulled another “mom-nighter”. This is not to be confused with an “all-nighter”, the kind that involves alcohol, loud music and crazy dance moves. My sleepless nights are now caused by teething, filling sippy-cups and scaling the stray LEGOs on the floor on my way to and from the kitchen. I need help, and lots of it, in order to have the corporate-executive look that is required of me during the day. I must have my five special items to recover from the “mom-nighter!” This is obviously not my first time having to conceal, tuck and smooth body parts in a desperate attempt to hide my fatigue, lack of exercise and complete exhaustion. I kick my morning routine on cruise control as I shower, and start the revitalization process of my (almost) middle-aged tired body. I have five must-have items that I rely on (rather heavily) to help me look “put together” and appear somewhat alert. Turn to these things next time you take part in a raging mom-nighter, you can thank me later – when you wake up!
1. Suits! I have a handful of classic suits in my closet. They are ready at a moment’s notice to help make it appear that I put effort into getting dressed. Fact of the matter is that I keep my wardrobe colors really basic, so I don’t have to give much thought to matching anything when I get dressed.
2. Accessories! Much like my work attire, my accessories are rather timeless and basic. However, I love when I can dress up my outfit with a nice necklace and once again look way more put together than I really am.
3. Shoes! There is nothing that says “well-rested and fit” like wearing patent leather heels. I am simply creating an optical illusion when I get ready for work. Walking around in heels makes me appear taller, and I have over the years told myself that I look awake when I trot around in my 4 – 6 inch heels. (It is probably because I am so concentrated on not falling flat on my face!)
4. Coffee! Oh, ok – so this item has zero to do with my wardrobe, but everything to do with shoveling the sleep out of my eyes and getting pep in my step. Coffee is required, it is a necessity, especially because of my narcolepsy.
5. Skimmies, last but not least! Jockey® Skimmies® Slipshort, the incredibly comfortable panty-line-smoothing slipshort help me “pull everything together” and feel that I am embraced in a comforting (and reassuring) hug. When I dress the part of a motivated and successful working mother of four then I start to feel it and believe it. My Skimmies are truly the cherry on top, they give me that finishing touch. I know people can’t see them, thankfully no one knows what I am wearing under my suit. But I am confident that people find my newfound energy rather contagious and refreshing. Thanks to the five items in my “recovery kit”, I am able to get through the day relatively unscathed, so I can rush home to be with my loving children and prepare for another mom-nighter. Regardless of how exhausting motherhood is, every single sleepless night is worth it. With my five must-haves, especially the Skimmies by Jockey, I know that I can handle everything that this journey throws at me.
Thank you, Jockey for sponsoring this post.
How would you like to be #SavedBySkimmies? Tell me in the comments for a chance to win a $100 Jockey.com gift card!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 6/10/2015 – 7/31/2015