Jonah and I recently had the opportunity to try the Smart Bottoms’ Organic, one size all-in-one (AIO). We were provided a diaper for the Smart Bottoms cloth diaper review, but the opinions are our own, especially Jonah’s.
First some baby stats, for comparison’s sake. Jonah in all his glory is a long and lean baby. He is approximately 35” long and weighs 27 lbs. Our 4th baby is constantly on the go, chasing brothers up the stairs and then down again. He climbs over the couch and wrestles with his brothers like a little bear cub. It is very important to me, for obvious reasons that his diapers stay in place through every single wiggle, and there are a lot of them.
- Smart Bottoms is incredible trim, which was apparent even before I put the diaper on Jonah.
- There are four waist height settings, which is a MUST when fitting long babies.
- The colors are vibrant and “deep”. We received “the George” (dark blue with red snaps) and I just love this color combination, it would be adorable on a girl as well.
- The insert is made of 100% organic cotton. It is not bulky and perfect for the sweltering hot South Florida weather.
- This All-in-One diaper fits babies from 10 – 35 lbs.
- The material on the side is 100% organic cotton.
- The outside is 100% PUL, so no need for an additional cover
- The attached insert, made of 10 layers of organic cotton, can be folded to double the absorbency where your baby needs it the most.
- The design of the diaper prevents red marks around the thighs, and cuts down on leaks and blow outs. (And isn’t THAT the best part about cloth diapers, other than the adorable colors and designs!)
The Test Drive:
I am generally a care-free mother, but there are limits to the risks I will take. I draw the line at leaving the house with a baby in a new diaper! As a cloth diapering mama, I have made the mistake, more than once, to get the baby all dressed up in a fancy new diaper and leave the house only to learn that the newest diaper in our line-up didn’t fit right and therefore leaked!
Needless to say, Jonah and I spent a fun weekend afternoon test driving our new Smart Bottoms AIO diaper! I LOVED that the insert could be folded and placed right where a little boy might need it the most. I also loved the “sleekness” of the diaper. The insert is very thin and that worried me a little. But I was proven WRONG. I had nothing to fear. The 10 layers of cotton inside the insert stood up to the challenge!
Jonah wore his new diaper for several hours. During that time he climbed the stairs, scaled the couch, beat up his three older brothers, nursed and took a nap – all without any diaper failures or incidents!
- Two thumbs up from both Jonah and me!
- Smart Bottoms AIO is trim yet an absorbency power-horse at the same time.
- The colors are vibrant and fun.
- The fit is great for our long and lean baby, with room to grow.
- This diaper will be in our daily rotation for a long time to come!
I am thrilled to give you a chance to win a Smart Bottom diaper, so you can try it for yourself. The giveaway is for one AIO diaper in the color of your choice! How awesome is that?!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Don’t forget to check out Smart Bottoms on all their social media outlets, they have new prints and colors you do NOT want to miss!
Thank you, Smart Bottoms for letting us enjoy your handy work – we will be back for more!